Submit photograph(s) based on the theme "What If?" and stand a chance to walk away with attractive prizes!
To submit, please go to http://montage.sg/2011/submission.
2011 presents a new decade of endless possibilities for us. The question of “What If?” (Possibilities) poses itself to us in special ways that only photographs could express, that we ourselves as mere humans cannot. Photography, after all, is all about story telling.
This year, the Photographic Society of NUS (NUSPS) wants you to tell us your story, of possibilities!
Each person bears a subjective interpretation to photographs and photography; it is through the power of suggestion that our works can be viewed as more than just captured moments in space and time. As photographers, we possess the ability to steer our audience into a specific directions of thought, or to provoke an inquisitive psyche upon them. We can invoke emotions and question conventions through photography, and of which, ultimately we can incite action, reaction and even change.
Photography is organic, and constantly evolving. We hope to let the stories tell themselves dynamically, yet meaningfully. More importantly, we hope to let the photographs immerse our audience into realities they have witnessed and chosen to portray.
Montage 2011 Open Competition
All persons residing in Singapore through the duration of Montage 2011 are eligible to take part in Montage 2011 Open Competition (“Open Competition”)
Montage 2011 Youth Competition
All persons residing in Singapore through the duration of Montage 2011 and are aged below 25 years of age (as of 1 January 2011) are eligible to take part in Montage 2011 Youth Competition (“Youth Competition”).
*Participants are allowed to submit photographs in EITHER Open Competition OR Youth Competition.
How to Submit
- Submission of photos must be done online
- Upload your photos to: http://montage.sg/2011/submission
- Deadline of submission is 15 May 2011, 2359hr.
- A confirmation email will be sent upon submission.
- After the submission deadline, the portal will be closed for judging. Late entries will not be accepted.
Participants are highly encouraged to upload their photos early to avoid possible technical difficulties near the closing of the portal.
- Photo submission will be opened until 15 May 2011 at the Montage 2011 website. Only online submission is accepted. Late submission will not be entertained.
- All submissions are final. Further changes are not allowed.
- NUSPS will not be liable to any errors or failures occurred during the submission of photos.
Rules and Regulations
- Participants may add a caption with maximum of 150 characters for each photograph.
- Photographs submitted cannot be featured in another submission in Montage 2011.
- Both colour and monochrome images are allowed.
- Only digital images and scanned negatives/slides are accepted.
- Photographs submitted must contain at least 2400 pixels on the longer side.
- The maximum file size of each photograph is 6MB.
- Each participant may submit a maximum of 4 entries in this segment of the competition.
- All images must be submitted as 8-bit JPEG files with minimal compression.
- Minimal digital manipulation (i.e. only manipulations such as colour enhancement, cropping etc) is allowed. Adding or removing key elements of the composition is strongly discouraged. Excessively manipulated photos will be disqualified.
- The participant must be the sole copyright owner and author of every photograph submitted.
- Photographs submitted must not have won prizes in other competitions.
- In order to uphold the fairness of the judging, there should be no watermark or any other form of addition to the photographs which will expose the identity of the photographers.
- Participants are required to produce the original copy of the submission without any digital manipulation upon request.
- All entries will be judged based on relevance to the theme, photographic technique, creativity and originality.
- Open Judging will be done for the Open and Youth Competition.
- Judging will be done on an anonymous basis.
- The decisions of the judges are final. NUSPS and judges will not enter into any disputes regarding the result.
Terms and Conditions
- NUSPS reserves the rights to disqualify any entries at the discretion of the competition committee if the content is deemed inappropriate and/or the photographs fail to satisfy the Rules & Regulations and the law of Singapore.
- NUSPS will not be held legally responsible for any conflict with regard to copyrights of photographs submitted.
- For multiple winning entries from the same participant, only the higher/highest honor will be given.
- Shortlisted participants may be called to attend interviews with the media and/or NUSPS Management Committee and Montage 2011 Prize Presentation.
- All prizes are stated in the website. In the event the original prize is unavailable, a prize of equivalent value will be used as a substitute.
- Should winners be unable to attend the prize presentation, prizes must be claimed within 3 months from the date of the prize presentation.
- NUSPS reserves the right to use/ reproduce/ display the images submitted for any artistic or non-commercial purposes.
- NUSPS reserves the right to amend the Rules & Regulations without prior notice.
- By submitting their photographs, the participants are deemed to have accepted the Rules & Regulations as stated by NUSPS.